Accountant - Financial Reporting Manager
What Drives You?
- Career paths with opportunities to learn vital roles and skills?
- Meaningful work in a stable, promote-from-within organization?
- Professional satisfaction and helping others?
- A workspace that is dynamic, fast, fun, and challenging?
We share your drive.
DriveTime is more than a company. We’re a true team of strong, highly motivated performers that is committed to ensuring the success of each customer—and of each professional. If you have a real passion for continual learning and growth, are flexible enough to handle various roles, and feel compelled to do what you know is right, we may have an excellent opportunity for you.
This role must be able to apply business and accounting knowledge to perform SEC financial reporting and consolidations, as well as preparing monthly financial reports, performing monthly financial close activities, and certain aspects of corporate accounting and GAAP research. This includes support to general ledger maintenance, account reconciliations, and inter-company accounting transactions. Communicate with controllers in all aspects of work including significant entries, trends and changes in financial statements and forecasts.
- Overall Responsibility of filing 10Ks, 10Qs, 8Ks, etc.
- Preparation of various quarterly and annual
- Maintenance of XBRL
- Quarterly and monthly investor reporting packages and schedules.
- Responsibility for intercompany transactions and consolidations.
- Assist with information request from external auditors during quarter and year end review processes
- Assist in developing/maintaining adequate Sarbanes Oxley compliance process as it relates to required financial controls/disclosures
- Development of appropriate responses in regards to SEC inquiries or reviews
- Assist in the review of technical accounting on key transactions as required
- Assist in the evaluation of monthly technical issues as appropriate
- Ability to manage, mentor, and motivate new accounting staff.
- Ability to facilitate meetings.
- Take on comprehensive projects and bring issues to resolution.
Enjoy the Rewards and Benefits.
Great competitive pay!
Excellent medical, dental and vision plans (After just 60 days)! 401K match too!
Great training and tuition reimbursement!
We’re a unique, highly respected, nationwide company with a strong culture of promoting from within. This isn’t a job. It’s a career.
Connect With Us
Keys to success.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA with a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience. Minimum 3 years in public accounting, preferably Big 4.
- Optional to also have experience in an accounting department/financial reporting for public company.
- In-depth, current knowledge of US GAAP
- Able to understand and comply with SEC reporting requirements
- Strong knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Knowledge and experience in financial statement review and reconciliation.
- Knowledge and experience in intercompany transactions and consolidations.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills and timely delivery.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a tobacco-free workplace.
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
Must be able to carry and transport up to 10 pounds up to 60 feet.
Requires sitting for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping.
Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
Must be able to communicate over the phone to customers.
Requires typing for extended periods of time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
DriveTime - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
DriveTime is the nation's largest integrated car dealership and finance company for people in any credit situation. We're in a market niche...