The Senior Accountant is a critical part of the management support team responsible for the successful day-to-day operations and long term growth of each location within a Market and Manheim overall. A Senior Accountant develops, recommends, and implements accounting practices, controls and processes to ensure that financial and operating data accurately reflect the condition of the entity/market in accordance with GAAP. Travel is required as this position is utilized to fill in for or train location staff with minimal notice. The level of support may vary from Staff Accountant to Controller depending on the situation. In addition, the Senior Accountant will be expected to work with various Corporate personnel as well as others in developing new tools and approaches to increase efficiency across the organization.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to work under tight deadlines and have a high level of expertise in Accounting, AS400 systems, Excel, and Oracle.
- Perform General Ledger activities including periodic close activities (including roll forwards) and preparation of monthly Financial Statements and supporting schedules in a fill-in/support capacity.
- Reconcile subsidiary ledgers to the General Ledger when requested.
- Identify, research, and assist in the resolution of complex accounting situations.
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Develop, recommend, and implement accounting practices throughout Manheim to ensure that financial and operating data accurately reflect the condition of the entity in accordance with GAAP.
- Perform review and analysis of the Operating Locations Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Bad Debt Reserve, and Capital Expenditures on a regular basis.
- Provide support, research, analysis, and information reporting as needed to the Regional Director, Market Controller, Operations Management, and Corporate Finance.
- Train location Finance personnel in multiple areas including General Ledger functions, Oracle functions, Accounts Receivable, Cash Management, Month End Closing, and preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Work with Operating Locations to identify internal control gaps, develop and implement remediation strategies, and redesign significant processes to ensure accurate financial statements and reports.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of schedules to be provided to the external and internal auditors.
- Perform account research and analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes.
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for completeness and accuracy.
- Ensure integrity of financial information General Ledger, Fixed Assets, and cost and project accounting.
- Manage special projects as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration (Finance or Accounting preferred); CPA preferred.
- Experience: 5+ years of accounting experience.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and improve efficiencies based on targeted metrics.
- Proven ability to deliver high levels of customer service.
- Excellent communication skills are mandatory.
- Competencies/Skills: Strong knowledge of GAAP, internal controls, financial reporting.
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, and shift priorities quickly as required.
- Proven ability to work with minimal direction, as well as be resourceful and independent in solving problems.
- Ability to understand business strategy and translate into effective tactical plans.
- Strong computer skills and proficient use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, AS400 systems.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle Financials (11i or 12R) required.
- Proven skills in process improvement and/or gaining efficiencies through technology.
- Proven ability to work with all levels in the organization.
- Work Environment: Expected Travel –25- 50%.
Our company values the health and financial well-being of its employees and provides a variety of health care programs, which includes medical, dental, vision, employee and dependent life insurance, long-term disability and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for health care and dependent care expenses. The Company believes financial security in retirement is important and offers a 401(k) Savings Plus Plan as well as company-funded Pension Plan.
Manheim was established in 1945 as a wholesale vehicle auction operation. Today, with 20,000 employees at 106 operating locations in 14 countries, Manheim is the world’s leading provider of vehicle remarketing services. Manheim has set the industry standard for buying and selling used vehicles at live auctions and online. In 2012, Manheim handled nearly 8 million used vehicles, facilitating transactions representing more than $50 billion in value.
A subsidiary of Atlanta-based Cox Enterprises, Manheim is transforming the wholesale vehicle buying and selling experience through investments in technology and innovative products and services. Manheim brings together qualified sellers and volume buyers of used vehicles that include automotive dealerships, banks, car rental agencies, car manufacturers and government agencies. Manheim offers its customers a reliable and secure market in which to purchase a variety of vehicles and services that no other remarketing provider can match.
Follow us on the following Social Media websites:
- 20 months ago - save job
Manheim is a wheeler dealer from way back that trades cars like stocks. With about 145 locations worldwide, the firm is the nation's...