City: Rapid City
State: South Dakota (US-SD)
Postal/Zip Code: 57702
Hills Materials Company, an Oldcastle Materials Company, was founded in 1925 and headquartered in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Hills Materials Company is an Integrated Construction Materials business with Aggregates, Asphalt, Asphalt lay down and Ready mix operations.
Accounting/Credit and Collections Specialist
Position Overview :
The Credit and Collections Specialist position is responsible for functions including but not limited to collecting past-due balances on customer accounts with guidance/assistance from Management and the rest of the AR department. Prepares reports and conducts weekly aged meetings with managers and sales staff. Ongoing and timely communication with the Corporate AR department to ensure consistent processes and procedures are maintained. Provides general accounting support to the team as well as other co-workers or supervisors.
Key Responsibilities :
- Identify and investigate any deduction or short pay by contacting the customer and working with Customer Service and/or the customer until the discrepancies are resolved.
- Maintain and annually review credit files on all customers and adjusts credit limits accordingly.
- Manage all incoming credit applications.
- Provide credit references on customers to other companies.
- Follow-up with phone calls, letter, etc., with customers on past due invoices, reconciliation issues and slow paying accounts to ensure corporate projections are met.
- Prepare & represent company in small claims actions, civil suits or liens as required.
- Verify lien wavier information, collect signatures, scan and send information back to customers.
- Run weekly aged reports, customer statements, finance charges and balance accounts receivable to the general ledger.
- Release orders on credit hold as directed by management.
- Maintain customer base in command point-of-sale system.
- Maintain credit card machine and enter manual transactions.
- Manage accounts receivable accounts.
- Provide support with General Ledger account reconciliations.
- Perform accounting functions as directed.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Work Requirements :
- Must pass a drug screen, “fit for work” physical and criminal background check.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the office dressed appropriately and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must have the ability to work without close supervision.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Post secondary degree in Business or Accounting preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience in a relevant Accounting role required.
- Construction accounting experience preferred.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Hills Materials Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Hills Materials Company is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...