Position Summary The quotAccounting/HR Clerkquot is primarily responsible for document runs between our two Tulsa offices, as well as provide administrative support for Accounting and Human Resources. Duties and Responsibilities The following represents the majority of the duties performed by the position, but is not meant to be all inclusive nor prevent other duties from being assigned when necessary. 1. General Accounting functions.
a. Document runs between two Tulsa offices. (2 times daily, morning and afternoon). i.
Collect and deliver previous day ’s shipping docs to Accounts Receivable Clerk on the morning run, as soon as available. ii. Collect and deliver all POs, Invoices, etc. b.
Pick up, open and distribute mail. i. Pick up mail from the post office daily. ii.
Prepare daily check list and email to Accounting Manager and Accounts Receivable Clerk, and then physically deliver checks to the Accounts Receivable Clerk for processing on afternoon document run. iii. Deliver other internal and external mail to executive office employees on afternoon document run. c.
Make local bank deposits, as necessary. d. Invoice scanning, filing and electronic vendor file maintenance. i.
These will be picked up from the Accounts Payable Clerk at executive office Street as they are available. 2. Provide front desk coverage during lunch breaks and vacations as needed. 3.
Human Resources. a. Provide administrative support to Human Resources as needed, including filing, preparing correspondence, copies, database maintenance and electronic file maintenance. b.
Maintains database of all employment applications. c. Assist with the development or implementation of recruiting strategies to meet current or anticipated staffing needs. d.
Keeps Human Resources Specialist and Human Resources and Administrative Manager appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant problems. e. Attends and participates in meetings as required. f.
Process hiring-related paperwork both physical and electronic and record in SharedHR. g. Conduct reference or background checks on job applicants. h.
Create and maintain hard-copy and electronic employee files. i. Compile necessary data for weekly Labor Report to be distributed to management. j.
Record employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update SharedHR and TraxPayroll. k. Prepare weekly absence and tardy tracking report. l.
Prepare new hire packets and manuals for Monthly Onboarding training. m. Assist all Human Resource personnel with projects on an ongoing basis. 4.
Complete other Accounting and Human Resources duties as needed. Requirements Education and Experience • A high school diploma or equivalent. A minimum of two years previous experience in an office environment is also required. Accounting and/or human resources experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities • Knowledge of general accounting principles and human resources practices. • Knowledge of principles and processes for scanning filing and electronic file maintenance. • Practices active listening by giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times. • The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • The position requires minimal physical exertion during the performance of the majority of the duties. Most work is performed while standing or sitting.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and in writing so others will understand. • Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintains them over time. • Ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work. • Ability to maintain effective relationships with many departments and management levels under stress and pressure.
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic team and fast-paced environment with continuous challenges. • Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and strong interpersonal skills in order to interact with co-workers in a matrixed environment. • Ability to handle multiple tasks in a high volume environment where meeting deadlines creates urgency. • Good PC skills a must, including proficiency in spreadsheet and word processing applications and familiarity with MS Office applications.
- HRIS software, database management, and MAS90 or similar systems experience and knowledge. • Knowledge and understanding of machining and manufacturing processes. Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The duties of this position are primarily performed in a climate controlled office environment with occasional trips to the shop and to other offices in the metro area. • Minimal exposure to possible shop hazards including high noise, heavy machinery and shop traffic. • Fast paced environment with multiple priorities and constant change. • Works without regular direct supervision.
- The position requires the ability to safely drive between offices, to and from the post office and bank, etc.
Kline Tools - 2 years ago