Reporting to the Senior Manager of Accounting, the Accounting Analyst will play an integral role on the corporate accounting team, working through complex issues, transactions, and projects independently as well as collaboratively with other finance and cross functional team members. The successful candidate will be able to work and communicate effectively in a team environment interacting with all levels of our organization, international team members, and external auditors.
• Serve as direct support to the Senior Manager of Accounting in the oversight and monitoring of the financial close process; This includes performing month-end account analysis and reconciliations
• Participate in M&A activities such as system and process integrations
• Apply GAAP to accounting transactions; Document white papers to memorialize interpretations and conclusions
• Responsible for maintaining Sarbanes-Oxley internal control narratives and testing documentation for areas of responsibilities
• Participate in the quarterly reviews and annual audit
• Identify and drive process improvement initiatives to resolution
All listed responsibilities are deemed essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors Degree from four-year college or university; MBA and/or CPA a plus
• Experience with JD Edwards (or equivalent ERP system) preferred
• Must bring a process improvement mindset
• Demonstrates a commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals and tight deadlines; Superior attention to detail a must
• Must have the ability to prioritize workload and perform multiple tasks under accelerated deadlines
• Must be flexible in terms of adjusting schedule to various demands driven by dynamic business environment
• Knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting regulations
• Knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
• Self-directed and able to work well and communicate effectively in a team environment
• Hands-on and able to work effectively with team members at all levels
• Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Presentation experience a plus
• May require minimal travel
Illumina Finance Values:
• Quality – Pays special attention to details and accuracy of numbers or facts presented. Element of pride in work and effort is evident in output.
• Communication – Effectively engages with others in exchange of information. Demonstrates clear and concise messaging. Understands audience and can tailor communication to effectively convey key messages.
• Teamwork/Collaboration – Contributes to overall effectiveness, morale and productivity of the team. Approaches situations with partnership in mind. Respects the knowledge of others and actively seeks that out.
• Analytical Thinking – Demonstrates the ability to critically examine various elements of information in order to reach conclusions or solutions. Identifies potential solutions that are innovative and/or “outside the box”.
• Leadership – Drives self and others to excellence. Approaches work with a sense of urgency. Strives to stretch self and others outside of comfort zone. Looks for ways to extend sphere of influence to drive efficiencies and process improvements. Demonstrates ownership and accountability.
• Adaptability – Understands the need for and embraces change. Is able to remain effective in an evolving environment. Acts as a change agent, challenges the “status quo.” Responsive to changing environments and demonstrates “flex” in style and work methods.
• Customer Focus – Ensures service provided has met the needs of the customer. Actively pursues and identifies what success looks like to the customer. On-going partnerships with customers to continuously improve service levels and to ensure needs are met.
• Business Acumen – Ability to make good judgments and quick business decisions. Ability to conduct an insightful assessment of the internal and external business landscape with an awareness of financial implications or impact. Comprehends ‘big picture impact’.
• Integrity – Demonstrates the highest level of sincerity. Keeps one’s word and agreements. Demonstrates strong ethics and operates in a fair and just manner.
• Prioritization/Time Management – Ability to discern importance and impact in face of conflicting deliverables or accountabilities. Effectively manages work schedule which maximizes efficiency and productivity. Effectively manages team’s time by managing meetings, establishing clear plans, checking on progress, responding to changing/conflicting demands placed on group.
• Technical Expertise – Demonstrates a solid knowledge base in the area of finance and/or accounting at a commensurate level with role. Is sought after by others and viewed as subject matter expert.
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- 20 months ago - save job
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...