Accounting Analyst (Financial Reporting) - Corporate
Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Full-time / Part-time
8:30 - 5:00
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York has an opportunity in Corporate Accounting for an accounting professional.
The selected individual will be responsible for ensuring compliance with accounting policies, enhancing and improving the financial reporting process, and providing consistent, and high quality accounting support that is responsive to the needs of the Bank.
The individual will interact with all levels of the Bank’s management as well as other Federal Reserve Banks in a variety of matters related to financial reporting, expense control, and performance management and compliance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Continually seeking opportunities to improve the financial reporting system and accounting processes
- Applying accounting principles to analyze financial information and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures
- Compiling, reviewing, analyzing, and recording financial information to the general ledger
- Preparing balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports
timely and accurately
- Preparing daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations to ensure general ledger account information is accurate, consistent, traceable, and auditable
- Working with internal and external auditors (for the annual audit and specialized audits); and,
- May perform or lead moderately complex accounting projects or participate as a team member on highly complex projects
- CPA or parts passed required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience in public and / or financial services
- Knowledge and application of basic accounting, financial and business principles
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strict attention to detail and the ability to work independently on routine and complex assignments
- Working knowledge and technical proficiency in using Microsoft Applications with advanced expertise in Excel
- Ability to work as a team member
Federal Reserve Bank of New York - 21 months ago
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York works within the Federal Reserve System and with other public and private sector institutions to foster...