Under direction, accurately and timely reviews and prepares A/R adjustment requests. The ideal candidate will have the ability to view situations holistically and problem solve the issue to its ultimate, correct conclusion.
The Acct. Asst. reviews submitted data for accuracy and ensures the quality of the adjustment prior to processing by performing detailed analysis on large data sets. The ability to identify ¿outliers¿ and make corrections will be critical to this position.
This position will also be responsible for preparing various A/R reporting, maintaining and reconciling the adjustment log to the general ledger, and updating various databases used by the department.
This position will be expected to train and mentor peers on related processes and act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for cash application issues. Must have advanced system and process knowledge and be able to accurately execute special research requests from cross-functional partners. Executes month-end reconciliations.
Must be able to communicate courteously with many different constituents including clients, peers, and management. Must have an excellent work ethic.
1. Verify and process adjustment requests (write-offs, refunds, A/R research).
2. Maintain and Reconcile the adjustment log
3. 5 point processing
4. Cash Application Support & Processing
5. Special Projects
6. Train / mentor peers, facilitate knowledge transfer
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent work experience preferred
- Understanding of the cash application process
- Pharmacy Benefit Management Knowledge preferred
- High level of integrity
- Excellent work ethic
- Must have the ability to be at work when scheduled, on a consistent basis
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage a heavy workload
- Heavy emphasis on speed, quality, and accuracy of work
- Excellent documentation / organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer
- Medium to Advanced Excel skills (to include Vlookups, pivot tables, formula creation, etc¿)
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.
Express Scripts - 7 months ago
Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.