Accounting Associate - A/R (LIttle Rock - Main Office)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION This position ensures accurate accounting reports for store sales, account receivables and cash. Duties include performing a variety of complex clerical and bookkeeping work, applying accepted procedures to the preparation and maintenance of accounting or other records, and preparing financial, statistical, and/or technical reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES 1. Compile store daily sales for distribution. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
2. Verify/reconcile store deposits to bank accounts each day; note discrepancies and follow-up within Store Managers and/or District Managers regarding cash issues. This duty is performed daily, about 20% of the time.
3. Check bank accounts for NSF's and notify Store Managers of items larger than $50; compile monthly NSF's and Hot lists and deliver to appropriate Store Manages. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
4. Prepare and post daily deposits, including "Change-4-Change" and "Found Money" monies. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
5. Handle all aspects of Accounts Receivables; prepare and post salvage invoices; email/mail invoices weekly; reconcile Workforce Development monthly billings and payments--assist in collecting unpaid monies; prepare voucher invoices to appropriate community partners; prepare and mail monthly statements to all customers. This duty is performed daily, about 40% of the time.
6. Prepare monthly recurring and adjusting journal vouchers. This duty is performed monthly, about 5% of the time.
7. Sort incoming store envelopes, distribute items to appropriate departments, prepare for storage. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
8. Assist in monthly general ledger reconciliation and year-end audit work papers. This duty is performed monthly, about 5% of the time.
9. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE Knowledge of a specialized field (however acquired), such as basic accounting, computer, etc. Equivalent of four years in high school, plus night, trade extension, or correspondence school specialized training, equal to two years of college, plus 12 to 18 months related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS Ability to read and understand simple instructions, short correspondence, notes, letters and memos; Ability to write simple correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to prepare and interpret bar graphs.
ATTENTION ALL INTERESTED APPLICANTS:
- Applications will only be considered when submitted directly to Goodwill Industries of Arkansas.
- Visit www.GoodwillAR.org . to apply for this position. CLICK on the "WORK AT GOODWILL" link at the top of the page, CLICK on the current job opening you want to apply for and complete your application to be considered.