Alvarez & Marsal the leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services, is seeking an Intern/Contract Accounting Clerk in our NYC Headquarters for our Corporate Finance department. With more than 2,500 professionals based in locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
- Performing cash applications
- Performing journal entries and reconciliations
- Perform clerical accounting procedures requiring familiarity with and experience in accounting office practices as well as knowledge of a variety of accounting classifications
- Interact with various departments to gather accounting data and assist in problem resolution
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files, filing, scanning documents, copying and processing paperwork
- Assist the accounting team in day to day activities necessary for the month end close process
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, V-lookups), Word and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and with the ability to work equally well independently and with a team
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills to coordinate, prioritize and manage multiple activities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
It is A&M's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation in accordance with all applicable laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and city entities.
About Alvarez & Marsal:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim...