Requirements - Corp/Field Mgmt
• Associate will be required to analyze vendor chargeback disputes of all kinds (returns, pricing, compliance, omission, etc) and determine resolutions.
• A qualified candidate will be an independent decision maker who creates comprehensive documentation to support their decision.
• A sense of urgency is required as is a commitment to customer service.
• Attention to detail is important.
• The associate serves as a liaison between jcpenney and the vendors to maintain good working relationships, while protecting jcpenney’s interests.
• Excellent communication and writing skills are required.
Serves as a liaison between jcp and suppliers in the resolution of invoice and payment related issues. Researches concerns and applies appropriate policies and procedures to make needed corrections. Communicates resolutions with suppliers, buyers, and other stakeholders.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Reconciles and analyzes complex data
2. Pro-actively identifies and investigates supplier situations and resolves most complex questions within assigned area.
3. Correctly applies policies, procedures, and processes to complex purchasing situations.
4. Effectively communicates with supplier and jcp personnel regarding purchase data
5. Performs other related tasks as assigned.
• Sound understanding of basic accounting policies and procedures.
• Advanced analytical and decision-making skills.
• Requires a strong understanding of Microsoft Office tools.
• Applies judgment based on direct experience to resolve non-routine questions within procedural constraints.
• Beginning (or higher) understanding of Microsoft Excel (Required),
• Customer service experience (Required).
• Oracle (Strongly Desired), understanding of Remedy (Desired).
• Oracle AP experience (Strongly Desired)
• Proficient at data mining and independently able to create or edit queries, using various query tools such as Cognos, Access and Queryman
• Excellent Team player, good leadership skills
• Ability to manage workload and prioritize multiple responsibilities
• Quick learner, able to understand systems
• Four to seven years' experience in the same or related tasks is preferable.
• One year’s experience as Accounting Clerk II is preferable.
• High School diploma or equivalent is required.
J. C. Penney - 12 months ago