Axcess Financial has an opening for an Accounting Co-Op.
Primary duties are:
Prepare and assist with the preparation of daily, weekly and monthly journal entries, reserve analysis, account reconciliations and other financial reports.
Responsibilities will also include assisting with analyzing trends, cost, revenues, financial commitments and obligations incurred to predict future revenue and expenses; perform a variety of tasks.
Perform day to day financial reporting and prepare reconciliations within company policies and guidelines.
Prepare daily or weekly journal entries for posting to the general ledger.
Post general ledger entries.
Assist with standard month end closing process
Analysis of Portfolio
Research, interpret and provide explanations on reconciling items and suggest improvements and solutions to avoid new items.
Perform an analysis of a portion of the income statement on a monthly basis.
Continuously looks for process improvements to increase efficiencies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
- 2 yrs Post Secondary education
- Finance or Accounting curriculum
- Knowledge of SQL, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Word, Power Point etc. Ability to learn and understand computer systems.
- Ability to work as contributor in team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Axcess Financial - 18 months ago