This position requires two years of college level classes earned toward a degree in a finance related field in order to apply this education toward analyzing the Company’s activities. In addition, this internship position is intended to broaden the successful candidate’s knowledge and experience in his or her future endeavors. An understanding and application of financial principles, GAAP and Major Brands’ coding theory is necessary to satisfactorily perform tasks assigned by the CFO. Some of this knowledge will be learned on the job. The position will be exposed to all facets of the organization and will be responsible for attaining a working understanding of all departments in order to assist in evaluating transactions, spreadsheet analysis and related financial projects in collaboration with other finance employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Financial statement and operating expense analysis
- Sales reporting and profitability
- Cost/benefit analysis
- Assisting management in determining financial impact of on-going and potential activities
- Administrative functions to assist other team members
- Document procedures and create Standard Operating Procedures
- Ad hoc projects as directed by the CFO
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Two years of college level credits toward a Bachelor’s degree in a finance related field
- High School diploma or GED
- Operates with a “service oriented” mindset when approaching responsibilities; demonstrates a high willingness to “assist” others.
- Will be expected to multi-task several projects concurrently and may be asked to communicate and coordinate tasks with multiple accounting supervisors during the duration of employment.
- Introductory skills in Microsoft Office, specifically with Excel, where numerous analysis and spreadsheet projects are expected.