Serves as a key member of the Company’s corporate accounting department working closely with the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, the CFO, Controller and Assistant Controller in a variety of areas including Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and the management of sales audit and inventory control departments (“Compliance”). The position requires extensive knowledge of current auditing standards and generally accepted accounting principles.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversees internal audit program to ensure quarterly and annual compliance with federal law and applicable SEC and exchange regulations. Duties include:
Manages Compliance functions and staff including:
- Develops risk assessments and test plans, manages test work and identifies appropriate remediation actions
- Analyzes control deficiencies and potential impact to the control environment and the annual financial statements
- Assists process owners in developing and maintaining supporting process documentation
- Manages Company's audit activities interacting with external auditors
Requirements (knowledge, skills & abilities):
- Establishes compliance guidelines, ensuring procedures are scheduled and completed in an accurate and timely manner by staff
- Coordinates the completion of daily compliance reconciliations, journal entries and facilitates problem resolution
- Coordinates and reviews cutoff and processing of assigned period-end closing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Manages the processing, review and distribution of reports to Loss Prevention and Operations
- Evaluates current processes and procedures and makes value-added recommendations
- Creates, maintains and updates internal control documentation pertaining to the Company’s revenue and inventory cycles
- Works closely with all levels of management and maintains effective relationships within the organization.
- Requires BA or BS in Accounting with 3+ year’s public accounting experience and CPA and/or advanced certification in internal audit.
- Self-starter, determined individual who is capable of working with a team in a fast-paced and growing environment.
- Strong attention to detail; must be able to quickly learn new business and technical concepts and teach new concepts to others.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to Compliance departments.
- Experience compiling, reconciling and reviewing financial information; ability to understand the business environment and apply knowledge to business transactions.
- Communicates effectively with external and internal partners and departments.
- Aptitude to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
Monster - 15 months ago
Shoe Carnival stores definitely have their own style.The open format, catchy music and friendly associates set the stage for a wonderful...