As the Controller, this individual is responsible for the operation of the accounting department, the application of principles of accounting, and maintaining the general accounting system. This may include preparation of reports and statistics reflecting assets, liabilities, financial transactions, earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results. Prepares and files tax returns and other reports to government agencies, maintains insurance and property records. Supervises and directs work of professional and clerical staff. This individual is also responsible for analyzing financial data in the manufacturing organization to determine the cost of conducting business. The data analyzed include inventory, labor and purchasing costs. This individual prepares reports for management that details costs and its effect on profit. They will monitor changes in manufacturing methods or engineering design changes to determine the effect on cost and profit. Provides corporate financial and tax information as required by the users of the financial information utilizing technical based software applications when possible. (Management, bank, investors, board of directors, taxing authorities, financial auditors, etc.).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a major or emphasis in Accounting.
- 3 years experience researching, compiling, analyzing and interpreting data within a manufacturing company, preferably with specialty machines.
- Must have a strong cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in an upper level accounting position at a manufacturing company.
- Masters Degree in Accounting or related business field.
- CMA / CPA Certified.
- Strong Cost Accounting skills.
- Solid background in Corporate Taxation issues.
- POC accounting experience.
- 5+ years experience in a similar position with a manufacturing company.
- 3+ years experience in supervising an accounting department of two or more people.
- Capable of moving into CFO role in the future.
Rehmann - 18 months ago
Put People First. There it is. Number one on our list of five core values. Rehmann's living commitment and vision is: Be THE Firm of Choice...