This position is part of the Statutory Accounting & Reporting Division (“SARD”), a key component of New York Life Insurance Company’s (“the Company”) Controller’s Department. SARD is primarily responsible for coordinating the Company’s regulatory filings with the state insurance departments, analyzing statutory accounting results and communicating that analysis to the Company’s executive officers and Board of Directors.
• Coordinate the preparation of the annual and quarterly financial statements for three insurance subsidiaries of the Company, including New York Life Insurance and Annuity Corporation, which has nearly $120 billion in assets.
• Develop management discussion and analysis documents for the Company’s insurance subsidiaries.
• Compile reports for the Board of Directors and Audit Committees of these entities analyzing company financial results.
• Ensure the integrity of the general ledger, including completion of analysis explaining significant variances.
• Work closely with the Company’s internal and external auditors to facilitate audits of these entities.
• Handle regulatory compliance with state insurance departments.
• Ensure the division’s compliance with all established internal controls.
NY - Sleepy Hollow
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting with 7+ years of experience.
• Solid accounting and financial reporting experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with people at all levels within the organization.
• Managerial experience.
• Statutory Accounting and Life insurance industry experience preferred.
Success for this position is defined by the following:
• Meeting all of our deadlines, both regulatory and internal.
• Producing accurate and valuable analysis that communicates complex issues in an understandable way.
New York Life - 13 months ago
New York Life Insurance has been providing life insurance policies in the Big Apple since it was a tiny seed. While the top mutual life...