Pilgrim's Pride Corporation employs approximately 38,500 people and operates chicken processing plants and prepared-foods facilities in 14 states, Puerto Rico and Mexico. The Company's primary distribution is through retailers and foodservice distributors. For more information, please visit http://www.pilgrims.com .
This position is responsible for all accounting/financial activities relating to Pullet/Breeder, Hatcheries, Feed Mill, Broiler grow-out, Live Haul and Farm services for the complex. Must ensure the timely and accurate reporting to management of all accounting and financial data to aid in management of the above stated processes. Ensure proper controls are in place and maintained to protect company assets and assure accurate reporting of all financial data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the Live Production Complex.
- Preparing audit schedules for both Internal and External audit requirements.
- Analysis and Interpretation of daily, weekly and monthly data and reports to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Working with department managers to prepare both capital and operating budgets.
- Communicating results and findings to management on a daily, weekly and/or monthly basis.
- Managing the process of accounting, the purchase of outside birds, sell of birds to outside complexes, and handling of special flocks.
- Gaining a thorough understanding of SAP and how the system works in the Live Production areas while working with information systems and management to improve performance and reporting.
- Communicating and interacting with various levels within the organization.
- Participating on various teams and projects as opportunities arise.
- Ensuring proper reporting of inventories and fixed assets for all cost centers within the live production complex.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's Degree from a 4 year college/university. Previous related work experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply.
- Must have at least 5 years experience in accounting, preferably in the poultry industry.
- Able to solve analytical accounting problems.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, SAP or similar accounting software.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Able to effectively communicate in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to meet deadlines.