Under general supervision of the Controller, this position is responsible for performing daily accounting functions, working in a team environment for the agency which manages over 50 buildings dedicated to affordable housing, working with 100+ cost centers and over 250+ employees. This position supports all aspects of payroll including maintenance, preparation, data entry, upload, deductions, balancing, and review of payroll processor reports. In addition the accounting specialist will provide accounting support for account reconciliation and data entry and support for banking transactions. This position assists accounting staff in accounting related matters and providing internal financial and budgetary reporting regarding agency operations.
• Coordinate with Human Resources department to reconcile employee data for benefits and payroll which may include demographics, pay rates, cost center assignments, withholding for taxes, benefit deductions, eligibility data, pension elections, etc.
• Coordinate data entry, audit and upload to ADP for computation of payroll. Review ADP reports to verify accuracy of payroll information.
• Prepare general ledger journal entry from ADP reports for salaries, benefits, and taxes. Ensure proper distribution to programs, properties, and various legal entities.
• Determine agency liability for L&I and unemployment and prepare related journal entries to G/L and reconcile liability accounts.
• Reconcile monthly benefit invoices with payroll summary and general ledger and coordinate with HR to adjust benefit invoices.
• Ensure that G/L accounts are reconciled to account balances.
• Coordinate with HR and ADP to prepare all payroll-related annual reports, including W-2’s and other year end reports or filings and for pension or other benefit analysis
• Other duties as assigned processing payables, receivables, fixed assets, reconciliations, audit preparation schedules, banking transactions or other accounting analysis.
• BA or AA degree with a minimum of one year experience.
• Three years accounting, bookkeeping or payroll experience.
• Experience in multi-entity organization-highly desired.
• Experience with computerized payroll, ADP preferred.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft office suite with intermediate and or advanced knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Office, Outlook and 10 key.
• Accurate with detail that includes file maintenance organizational skills.
• Ability to communicate complex information to a diverse audience.
• Able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Experience with computerized accounting information systems, MAS90 or MAS 200 preferred,
• Due to confidential nature of work, must be discreet and trustworthy.
Catholic Community Services of Western Washington - 10 months ago