The Accounting Specialist is responsible for the day to day operations of accounts payable, accounts receivable/deposits and reconciliation functions of ECA. This position provides accounting support and information for managers, staff, and employees in the areas of accounts payable, employee expenses and deposits.
• Prepares and processes accounts payable invoices, employee expense reports and payments ensuring that coding, input and payment is timely and accurate. Ensures that filing is up to date and that approvals are obtained for expenditures from appropriate parties.
• Prepares journal entries and month-end accruals in a timely and accurate manner.
• Works with vendors to resolve disputes and ensure that services are not interrupted.
• Researches issues with expense variances as part of monthly close cycle.
• Explains Accounts Payable policies and procedures to others as necessary.
• Reviews P Card transactions and statements for proper documentation.
• Balances payment information for IL recipients, foster, adoptive parents and residential contractors.
• Researches payment concerns in FSFN.
• Prepares monthly billing invoices, ensures prompt payment for services and processes daily cash deposits.
• Prepares monthly reconciliations of applicable balance sheet accounts.
High school diploma with bookkeeping course preferable. At least one year of experience in an accounting environment with data review and entry experience.
Eckerd is a drug-free workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer. Eckerd utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.
Eckerd Youth Alternatives (EYA) provides early intervention and prevention, wilderness education, residential and day treatment, and...