This position will assist in ensuring that the appropriate support is provided to our clients related to the accounting services we provide. Will assist the Financial Accounting Manager and various other personnel with special projects or unique assignments to ensure that deadlines are met. This position may also assist in other accounting areas as needed. This individual will work 3:00 am to 11:30 am and following the UK Holiday schedule.
- Provide overall accounting support for the agencies on Shared Services.
- Provide accurate and timely month-end reporting and ad hoc reporting.
- Supervise and provide leadership to staff.
- Assist external office personnel with questions relating to systems and processes maintained by Shared Services.
- Assist various personnel in the local office to answer their questions and to provide accounting support to them.
- Liaise with other internal departments to resolve any issues.
- Provide answers and information to external/internal auditors for areas of responsibility.
- Clear and timely communication, both internally and externally.
- Operate within SSC standards for communication and customer service.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- One to three years of supervisory experience desired.
- Working knowledge of general ledger.
- Account reconciliation and audit experience is a plus.
- Superior analytical and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to interface well with other internal departments and external customers.
- Must be a team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires strong personal computer skills with ability to learn multiple systems.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Working knowledge of Hyperion and/or SAP systems a plus.
- Excel spreadsheet skills required (advanced excel skills such as macros a plus).
Information Security Responsibilities: