POSITION: Accounts Payable / Payroll Administrator
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
FLSA STATUS: Salaried / Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Accounts Payable / Payroll Administrator at the Wilmington Convention Center. The Accounts Payable / Payroll Administrator, is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of payroll for all employees, administrative tasks related to accounts payable, and assisting the Accounting Manager and Finance Director with various financial reports and projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Gather and code time sheets to events and departments.
• Calculate and administer payroll deductions, garnishments and withholdings.
• Create and edit payroll reports.
• Transmit payroll information to ADP for processing.
• Reconcile quarterly returns from ADP.
• Sort and distribute payroll checks to appropriate personnel.
• Communicate with employees regarding payroll questions.
• Provide payroll information to Human Resources as needed.
• Set-up new vendors within the Accounts Payable system.
• Process invoices from approved vendors.
• Process receipts from the deposit book.
• Prepare sales reports on concession outlets and cash bars for completed events.
• Prepare bank deposits and transport to bank.
• Assist in reconciling concession banks, parking and admission receipts.
• Assist Accounting Manager and Finance Director with special projects as assigned.
• Working knowledge of Peachtree accounting.
• Working knowledge of ADP system.
• Good mathematical and organizational skills necessary.
• Working knowledge of spreadsheet software, preferably Excel.
• Familiarity with automated general ledger system required.
• Typing skills needed.
• Ability to use a ten-key.
• Able to work long hours and weekends occasionally.
• Other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• 2-3 years of computerized payroll experience required.
• High School Diploma/GED
• College level accounting courses helpful.
• Hands-on experience with automated payroll system preferred.
This is a full-time position. We offer highly competitive benefits package, including 401K.
Be part of a team determined to provide the utmost in food quality and service. Come motivated to engage in exceeding all expectations for events.
Please submit your cover letter, salary requirements and resume by e-mail to:
Wilmington Convention Center
Website Address: www.businessmadecasual.com
Wilmington Convention Center is located at:
10 Convention Center Drive
Wilmington, NC. 28402
No phone calls please.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employee – M / W / V / D
SMG World - 19 months ago