As an Accounts Payable / Receivable Clerk, you will perform a variety of duties related to billing and collection.
- Assures compliance with Health System and Department of Health services guidelines and regulations specific to billing functions.
- Follows up with insurance companies regarding status of claims, denials, etc.
- Responsible for the completion of DHS revenue reports and other necessary reports, as assigned.
- Coordinates prenatal and other specialized billing activities, both internal to Health System and those provided at Southside Hospital.
- Acts as liaison with third party insurance carries, government and other reporting agencies concerning accounts receivable activities.
- Advises supervisor of problem accounts and hardship cases.
- Assists patients with questions regarding the status of their financial account with respect to payments, receipts, and outstanding balances.
- High School graduate, required.
- Experience in third party, private billing and collections, preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of clerical experience in a health care setting.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Excellent verbal, written, and inter-personal skills.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.
North Shore-LIJ Health System - 17 months ago
One of the nation's largest health systems, North Shore-LIJ delivers world-class clinical care throughout the New York metropolitan area,...