From coast to coast, Rural/Metro employees are tied together by their overwhelming desire to help others. Every day and every call for our team of highly-trained professionals is different than the one before.
At Rural/Metro, we celebrate the successes of our team members, and doing the right thing for those we serve.
Rural/Metro is a leader in private ambulance and fire protection services in 21 states and more than 700 communities nationwide. Rural/Metro has provided high-quality patient care, met and exceeded the expectations of the communities we serve, and invested in the success of our employees since 1948.
The Accounts Payable File Clerks perform basic administrative duties for the Accounts Payable Department.
• Scan batches of invoices using specific naming conventions
• File invoices both manually and electronically Check Distribution
• Research special handling instructions for individual invoices
• Stuff checks
• Prepare overnight mailings Mail Distribution
• Sort and distribute mail based on type or area Vendor File Maintenance
• Add new vendors and maintain accuracy of existing vendors in accounting system
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work and function both independently and in a team environment
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a high volume department
• MS Word and Excel experience preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Sitting for long periods of time while performing extensive computer work.
• Standing for long periods of time at the copier/scanner.
• Occasionally lifting boxes of less than 25 lbs.
Closing Statement: This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Rural/Metro is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Rural/Metro Corporation - 2 years ago