Process accounts payable invoices, credits, and payment request forms. Create payment vouchers for all requests for payment in accordance to company policy, tax, other government requirements, vendor and/or any other requirements and expectations. Work with buyers, requestors and/or vendors to resolve invoice discrepancies, finding root cause and proposing solutions to avoid re-occurrence. Perform reconciliation of vendor accounts and purchase order activity by analyzing transactions and researching solutions to problems. Help train new and existing team members on invoice processing and help with maintenance of process documentation/procedures. Promote customer service environment by responding effectively to vendor and employee inquiries in a prompt, accurate and professional manner via phone or email requests. Support team organization structure by working cooperatively to achieve team objectives.
• Process incoming documents for payment.
• Investigate/audit accounts payable documents and verify compliance with corporate or local policy/procedure as appropriate.
• Work with/support team members to accomplish shared team objectives.
• Answer questions from buyers and vendors in a prompt, accurate, and professional manner.
• Independently investigate and resolve root causes of accounts payable invoice issues by working with internal customers and vendors to increase first time yield.
• Proactively work with buyers, requestors and vendors to ensure timely issue resolution.
• Process invoice uploads and recurring payments.
• Analyze problem accounts and resolve variances by examining source documents and contacting the originator or appropriate party to research and resolve the problem.
• Train new team members on invoice processing, assist processors in correcting errors and identify training needs.
• Create, update and maintain processes/procedures.
• All other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Minimum 2 years of high volume accounts payable experience.
• Minimum 2 years of experience with QAD, SAP or other ERP system (A/P module).
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Customer focused attitude.
• Strong communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal).
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Problem solving and data analysis skills.
• Strong self-starter and proven flexibility.
• Team oriented person who can focus on the details.
• Ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing organization.
• Ability to work with people across the organization to resolve issues.
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to remain focused.
• Resolution skills.
Normal office environment
Sitting 95% of time
Physio-Control, Inc. - 14 months ago