California Institute of Technology
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This position is in the Accounts Payable (Payment Services) unit of the Procurement Department and encompasses certain management aspects of the accounts payable process.
- Responsible for the supplier management process (vendor database) to ensure requests for changes and additions to the supplier master is in compliance with set policies and reporting requirements.
- Ensures suppliers and payments are properly categorized for 592B, 1099, and 1042 reporting requirements at year-end.
- Oversee sales/use tax reporting in accordance with the State Board of Equalization guidelines. Coordinates with Director of Tax for the Institute and stays abreast pertinent changes in tax law.
- Supervise account reconciliations and year-end accrual review process.
- Works in coordination with other accounts payable department managers who oversee the disbursements and record retention function and accounts payable invoice processing sections.
- Creates presentations and training materials to educate others regarding new procedures and to communicate process changes.
- Experienced with Small Business Reporting is a plus.
- Manage a staff of 5 clerical employees tasked with the daily functions of this group.
- Manages the supplier management module within Oracle R12.
- Responsible for ensuring supplier, student, and employee information is entered accurately and categorized properly in the supplier database.
- Oversee information reporting at year end, including 592B, 1099MISC, 1042S reporting and other tax reporting related matters for the Institute.
- Ensures proper documentation of payees are obtained for accurate tax reporting. Includes collection of documentation for foreign payees to determine proper tax treatment of payments.
- Administer tax treaty benefits for foreign payees, when applicable.
- Plays a key role as a people manager/team leader/mentor to the processing staff and supplier management support teams.
- Responds to audit requests from internal and external auditors.
- Provides tax reporting compliance assistance to the campus community and operations staff; responds to reporting and compliance questions/concerns.
- Develops, implements, and maintains procedures and policies to ensure adherence to Institute and department guidelines.
- Acts as a steward to ensure that proper data within supplier management and tax reporting is maintained for historical purposes.
- Selects and hires employees for the group. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates and rewards employees including providing salary recommendations and promotions within allocated budgets and Institute guidelines.
- Manages the Small Business Program for the Institute. Includes Federal subcontracting reporting and preparing small business subcontracting plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, with accounting or business administration major and two year's experience in an accounts payable function in a supervisory or management capacity, or:
- Three years of computerized accounting experience in an accounts payable function, with at least four years in a supervisory or managerial capacity.
- Good organizational and analytical skills as well as an ability to motivate and communicate effectively with staff.
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software.
- Knowledge of Federal and State tax reporting regulations and basic immigration law.
- Must have large ERP experience with an emphasis with the Accounts Payable module as well as 1099 filing experience.
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: jobs.caltech.edu
- Previous experience in higher education a plus.
- Experience with Oracle R12 or 11i is preferred.
- Experience with Windstar's Tax Navigator software and imaging software and document management processes a plus.
- Knowledge of FAR compliance (FAR 52.219) for subcontracting reporting and preparation of Small Business Subcontracting Plans a plus.
Caltech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Persons are encouraged to apply.
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency