Targa Resources (Targa) is a leading provider of midstream natural gas and NGL services in the United States. We own and operate approximately 12,090 miles of natural gas and NGL pipelines, with natural gas gathering systems covering approximately 14,400 square miles and 21 natural gas processing plants located primarily in the Permian Basin, Texas, New Mexico and Louisiana regions.
Targa is currently seeking a Accounts Payable Processor for their office located in Houston, TX.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Key job responsibility #1 – Responsible for processing for payment, all vendor invoices assigned using established procedures and practices that include using SharePoint and RightAngle throughout the course of each day.
- Key job responsibility #2 - Practice urgency and accuracy to ensure invoices are paid when due.
- Key job responsibility #3 –Self-manage and practice strong oversight of payment due dates for all assigned vendor invoices so as to not miss payments.
- Key Job Responsibility #4 - A minimum of twice each day, open and review all items received in the 1) RightAngle AP electronic mail INBOX; 2) all incoming faxes; and3) any processed or un-processed paper invoices, and forward to offsite vendor for scanning and then upload to SharePoint.
- Key Job Responsibility #5 - Timely prepare and document throughout each day using SharePoint, concise explanations / comments for follow-up actions taken / needed on invoices that cannot be paid.
- Key Job Responsibility #6 – Keep management timely informed if unpaid or unresolved invoice load becomes excessive.
- Key job responsibility #7 – Professionally interact as needed with outside vendors and company personnel via phone, email, or face-to-face discussions regarding invoice or payment-related matters.
- Key job responsibility #8 – Provide assistance as needed to other AP processors in getting invoices paid, researching outstanding items, etc.
- Key job responsibility #9 – Adhere to established work schedule each day, i.e., arrive 8:00am, lunch from noon to 1:00pm, depart 5:00pm. Over time is extremely rare.
- Two to four years previous experience working in a SoX controlled Accounts Payable environment.
- Capable of performing well in a high volume, fast paced, and centralized AP group processing commodity payables for a large company, subject to audits and internal controls (including business process and SoX-related).
- Excellent customer service skills responding to both internal and external inquiries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and readiness to work the minimum designated schedule: 8am to 5pm.
- Attendance and getting to work on time daily is critical.
- Must be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software modules, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and others.
- Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage time when given multiple tasks.
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Direct, hands-on experience with payable functions, including handling, processing, paying invoices.
- Hands-on experience with using RightAngle, specifically payables functionality.
- Knowledge of and experience with using PeopleSoft.
- Ability to apply analytical skills to assist in solving, correcting, and following-up as needed on payable-related issues.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers.html
Please note – Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in Targa. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone calls please. Placement agencies or recruiters need not respond. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Targa Resources - 21 months ago