The mission of the Palo Alto Institute for Research and Education, Inc. (PAIRE) is to facilitate research and education activities conducted at the VA Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). The range of research activities is broad and includes special emphasis on biomedical, health services, rehabilitation engineering, mental health and geriatric research endeavors. We also support various educational instruction or other learning experiences of benefit to employees and veterans.
PAIRE, a nonprofit foundation affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS), is seeking an Accounts Payable Support position to be responsible for Accounts Payable (AP) and General Ledger (GL) functions for PAIRE.
Functions of this position shall be performed in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and in fulfillment of PAIRE’s standards of excellence, utilizing continued improvements in processes, policies, and procedures to nurture an environment which fosters optimal productivity and service to our customers.
This is a regular, full time (40 hrs/wk), non-exempt position.
As a condition of employment, all PAIRE employees are required to have an approved (WOC) appointment with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) before they can commence work.
- Send invoices to Principal Investigators (P.I.s) for approval and follow up as needed;
- Process daily AP checks;
- Perform monthly accruals;
- Process travel reimbursements, subject payments, and check requests;
- File AP documents;
- Create and update vendor information in MS Dynamics;
- Troubleshoot vendor invoice and payment issues;
- Maintain processes to ensure proper allocations;
- Participate in annual audits of financial statements and retirement plan;
- Perform monthly reconciliation of assigned GL accounts;
- Process invoices on blanket POs;
- Assist AP Supervisor and Controller with other projects as needed;
- Assist with annual record retention process;
- Update, create, and ensure continuous quality improvement in systems and processes for this position and create / update Standard Operating Procedures as needed.
All PAIRE positions require the completion of a background check.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in accounting or business related field highly desired;
- EXPERIENCE: At least 2 years of related experience in accounting;
- Ability to perform broad accounting functions, such as AP/AR/GL;
- Familiarity with GAAP, basic office procedures, and office software;
- Strong ability with spreadsheets and computer applications such as MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access;
- Experience with accounting/project software;
- Strong organizational abilities, with close attention to detail and precision;
- Demonstrated initiative and thorough and timely follow-through;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, orally and in writing;
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team, and to communicate financial information, set priorities, meet deadlines, and solve administrative problems with a professional attitude;
- Customer service focus, with an ability to interact congenially and effectively with a diversity of people.
Environmental Conditions / Physical Demands:
PAIRE is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Qualified Individuals with a Disability.
- No exposure to blood borne pathogens;
- No exposure to radiation;
- No exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals or reagents;
- No exposure to a lab environment.
If you are interested in applying for employment with PAIRE and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department.
PAIRE, Inc. - 30+ days ago