The Accounts Receivable - Cash Application Clerk is important to Pure Beverage Company’s collection efforts by applying customer payments to open invoices. The day-to-day activities of this position include:
- Research and resolve payment exceptions and post to proper invoice or G/L
- Manually post payments
- Balance posted cash receipts to bank account reports
- Prepare and distribute various Accounts Receivable Reports to Management
- Maintain all records associated with the Cash Application process
- Post adjusting entries to Accounts Receivable for discounts, tax, bank fees, etc.
- Work with Credit Analyst’s for proper posting of unapplied and logged receipts
- Research customer short payments
- Close Accounts Receivable on a monthly basis within Accounting timelines
- Prepare and distribute monthly customer statements and delinquency notices
- Print and mail daily invoices
- Create and maintain various aging reports for internal and external use
Minimum qualifications to include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance related field preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in Cash Application/Accounts Receivable; basic knowledge of accounting practices and ability to balance large volume of data.
- Knowledgeable of common accounting concepts and experience with debits/credits, online banking, and journal entries
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work independently, quick learner
- Pays close attention to detail, adapt timely in situations
- Self-motivated, willingness for new challenges
- Proficiency in data entry skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Must be able to prioritize tasks, utilize time efficiently and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized and detail oriented individual who is self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written; ability to maintain a courteous and professional demeanor at all times.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Team player
Pure Beverage Company offers premium non-alcoholic beverage distribution service to the greater Indianapolis Metro area. We also work with...