Entry Level , Full Time , - , Finance / Accounting , Accounting
Random House U.S.A , Westminster , Maryland ID: 230526
Random House Publishers is seeking a skilled Accounts Receivables Clerk/Cashier to accurately apply customer payments.
Essential requirement include:
Responsibilities & Duties:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 Years accounting experience
- Strong Math and analytical skills
- PC Proficiency to include Word, Excel and Outlook
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
About our company:
- Responsible for the daily on-line process of obtaining bank deposit reports, updating & distribution of the cash receipts spreadsheet reports.
- Daily reconciling and handling of credit card entries, chargeback’s and payments.
- Daily review and research of wire receipts for posting and clearing.
- Daily deposit of checks received in Westminster via scanning software.
- Responsible for phone/email contact to customer regarding remit information.
- Weekly review and researching of cash reports.
- Review, research, and enter miscellaneous billings for non-book entries for uploading into SAP system.
- E-mails to New York contacts regarding coding of manual entries or inquiries.
- Reviews and balances General and Subsidiary ledger accounts for accuracy.
- Handles in-house inquires by phone, email, or in person.
- Prepare refunds to customers & maintains refund reports/backup.
- Maintains monthly refund total spreadsheet for general ledger balancing.
- Process remit files (excel, text & EDI) for uploading into the SAP system
- Assists with projects as needed
- May perform other related duties
Random House, Inc. is the world's largest general trade book publisher. It is a division of Bertelsmann AG, one of the foremost media companies in the world.
Thank you for your interest in Random House. Random House is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit application to:
Please apply using our online application process.
For more information, please visit our Web Site:
Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard