Manages activities in the accounts receivable function and oversees A/R staff. Responsible for collection activities, such as sending follow-up inquiries, negotiating with past due accounts, payor, measuring productivity via key indicators. Responsible for main contact to payor representatives and regular meetings. Reports directly to the Director of Revenue Cycle Management. Provides ongoing guidance and feedback to administrative directors and clinical leaders for issues surrounding receivable and collection performance. This individual understands and will adhere to SCHC and Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and privacy standards of the organization.
Skills & Abilities:
Thorough knowledge of positive training techniques and supportive of process improvement activities; Managed Care activities to include third party insurance
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to motivate personnel
- Possess clear, concise and persuasive writing and presentation skills
- Be deadline and detail oriented
- Proven ability to manage people, clearly explain assignments and provide feedback on work and behavior
- Gathers, organizes, verifies, composes, and/or analyzes data in the completion of several defined, multi-step procedures
- Knowledge of accounting, budgeting and elementary finance necessary
- Knowledge of and experience with automated systems, hardware and software to include Practice Management and Microsoft Suite applications
- Ability to work in collaboration with a variety of individuals and disciplines
- Ability to exhibit creativity and flexibility in problem solving
- Ability to facilitate a congenial and professional working relationship with internal and external vendors, subordinates, peers and superiors
- Ability to model organizational values and motivate employees to demonstrate those values
Training & Education:
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, healthcare services, finance, or a related field preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
At least 3 - 5 years of Accounts Receivables Management. Demonstrated record of positive management/leadership outcomes preferably in large, complex, multi-specialty practice(s), and exposure to an academic environment strongly desired.
Finance and Accounting
483-SCHC Pediatric - Philadelphia, PA
Shift begin time
Tenet Healthcare - 5 months ago