High school diploma or equivalent is required
1 Year Experience Required
The Activity Care Associate for our Adult Day Health Care facility is responsible for assisting with the daily activities in the Adult Day Health Care Program. Greets the frail, elderly, and physically handicapped clients and family members each day, provides and assists with meals and snacks, assists with activities, transportation and maintains an orderly work area. Assists participants with personal care services such as toileting, bathing, feeding, showering, changing and transferring of participants. Assists RN with the taking and recording of vital signs and other personal care services as needed.
Participates in and supports departmental quality improvement initiatives by sharing ideas and experiences and is willing to encourage others to do the same.
Assists with program activities for participants including the leading and monitoring of participants in a wide range of areas.
Coordinates and ensures a wide variety of daily activities/services are delivered according to established schedules and procedures, including showers, transportation, and ambulating and personal care assistance.
Communicates and engages effectively with others.
Assists in the general operations of the ADHC.
**Please note: if any of the above listed cards expire, they must be renewed prior to the expiration date to maintain eligibility for continuing employment with Adult Day Healthcare (ADHC).
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6-12 months health or other human service experience and/or experience with geriatrics population or related experience in an adult health care facility
- Current certified nurse assistant (CNA) card or current caregiver certificate of completion or have completed 50 hours as Supervisory and Personal Care level caregiver
- Current food handlers card for current employees or must obtain within 45 days of hire for new hires
- Current fingerprint clearance card for current employees or application must be provided to ADHC and HR within 45 days from date of hire for new hires
- Current BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support) card required or must be provided to ADHC and HR within 45 days from date of hire for new hires
John C. Lincoln Health Network - 15 months ago