Job Title: Actuarial Analyst or Actuarial Senior Analyst - Commercial Lines
Job ID: 03724
Division : Actuarial
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Depending on qualifications, the selected candidate may be considered for a higher level position.
Candidates with prior experience in Commercial Lines preferred.
The Actuarial Analyst will assist in developing rate level indications and performs basic actuarial analysis for ratemaking assumptions, rating plan development, new product design through statistical analysis tools. Obtains internal approval of rate recommendation and selections and coordinates implementation of the new rates with I/S and Services. Responsible for preparing the filing memorandum and obtains insurance department approval. Analyzes experience and assists in developing premium forecast and other Actuarial analysis. Applies model maintenance and updates for individual states.
- Rate Making (60%)
- Provides basic analysis and recommendations on rate selections to support pricing strategies.
- Develops rate level indications, including trending and adjusting premiums, losses and expenses, using appropriate statistical and actuarial techniques.
- Provide technical background in support of rate filings with State Insurance departments; responds to and resolves regulatory questions.
- May assist in development and maintenance of rating plans and structures through predictive modeling and other Actuarial techniques.
- Responsible for peer review of work products.
- Data & Analysis (40%)
- Provides basic analysis to support business performance reviews.
- Conducts competitive and market analysis and utilizes this data to support pricing strategies.
- Responsible for the processes to gather and analyze data and define data requirements.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Planning & Organizing
- Quantitative Analysis
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Math, Actuarial Science, Statistics or other related quantitative discipline.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of forecasting and statistical analysis.
- Basic level of communication and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office products and statistical tools.
- This position requires travel up to 5% of the time.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
At American Family we protect dreams, enabling you to pursue yours. A leader in insurance and financial products, we offer the training, technology, and pay your talent deserves, in an inclusive, empowering environment you’ll love. With a history of stability and growth, innovation and opportunity, American Family Insurance is the perfect place for you to enjoy your career. To learn more, visit jobs.amfam.com
We look forward to staying connected with you. Please join us at www.amfam.com//careers/corporate/stay-connected/
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...