Reporting to Executive Director Chief Actuary, position will lead commercial pricing efforts focused on effective implemention of corporate pricing strategies. Position will oversee commecial rate development in both existing and new markets. Will be required to use substantial judgement when determining actuarial assumptions and methodologies. Will be the primary point of contact for management to obtain services and reports, and will ensure a streamlined set of controls are established to govern pricing functions corporately.
Primary Job Duties:
- Manages all aspects involved in the preparation and submission of community-rated new product and renewal rate filings to the New York State Department of Insurance, and works to ensure approval of these filings.
- Ensures that community rates are accurately and efficiently loaded to production systems, with appropriate controls and quality checks in place.
- Responsible for maintaining the experience-rated formula, as well as performing occasional audits of new business and renewal quotes.
- Mentors and develops junior Commercial Pricing Team staff. Develops and maintains efficient and streamlined systems and procedures for producing team deliverables in a timely and accurate manner. Performs various ad hoc analyses relating to actual or projected performance of the Commercial book of business, either in whole or in part.
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic thinking/planning skills
- Ability to work effectively with minor supervision
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with daily processing deadlines
- Prior experience in a fast paced face-to-face customer service role working with daily deadlines and interruptions required
- High degree of business maturity and demonstrated confidentiality
- High energy level and ability to project enthusiasm
- Persuasive communication style
- Polished, professional image and reputation
- Previous vendor relationship management
- Demonstrated customer service orientation
- Demonstrated leadership skills (coaching, mentoring, staff development)
- Demonstrated personal accountability
- Demonstrated coaching and staff development skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, Internet
Masters Degree (N/A)
FSA, Minimum 7 years experience.
Bachelors Degree (N/A)
HealthNow New York Inc. - 23 months ago
HealthNow New York Inc. is one of New York’s leading health care companies that provide access to quality health care and innovative...