Job Title: Actuarial Senior Analyst - Research
Job ID: 03581
Division : Actuarial
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Candidates with prior SAS experience preferred.
Demonstrated experience with Predictive Modeling desired.
Top candidates will have passed 3 exams.
This position will focus, under the guidance of more senior Actuarial staff, on researching and developing innovative technical solutions to emerging business trends and challenges facing American Family.
The Actuarial Sr. Analyst develops rate level indications and performs actuarial analysis for ratemaking assumptions, rating plan development, new product design through statistical analysis tools. Obtains internal approval of rate recommendation and selections and coordinates implementation of the new rates with I/S and Services. Responsible for preparing the filing memorandum and obtains insurance department approval. Analyzes experience, develops premium forecast and other Actuarial analysis. Applies model maintenance and updates for individual states.
- Rate Making (50%)
- Investigates and researches new rating plans and enhancements through predictive modeling and other Actuarial techniques.
- Updates and maintains predictive models.
- Provides analysis and recommendations on rate selections using price optimization to support pricing strategies.
- Responsible for rate level indication development, including trending and adjusting premiums, losses and expenses, using appropriate statistical and actuarial techniques.
- Provide technical background in support of rate filings with State Insurance departments; responds to and resolves regulatory questions.
- Develops a price for new products via statistical techniques, internal or external experience, and competitive review.
- Data & Analysis (30%)
- Assists in data development, preparation and testing related to statistical analysis.
- Provides analysis to support business performance reviews.
- Conducts competitive and market analysis and utilizes this data to support pricing strategies.
- Other Duties (20%)
- Responsible for premium forecasting in support of the profit and growth plan.
- Responsible for peer review of work products.
- Provide constructive guidance and coaching to help develop actuarial technical capabilities of junior staff.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning & Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Bachelors Degree in Math, Actuarial Science, Statistics or other related quantitative discipline.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Solid knowledge and understanding of property and casualty products, pricing, rates and industry trends.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of underwriting guidelines and concepts and demonstrated experience performing statistical/actuarial analysis and data forecasting and modeling techniques.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of forecasting and statistical analysis and modeling.
- This position requires travel up to 5% of the time.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
Since 1927, American Family Insurance has been committed to the dreams of our customers and our employees. You can protect dreams and pursue yours with a meaningful career that offers a wide variety of rewards. American Family Insurance is continually recruiting talented, customer-focused innovators to help drive our organization forward. Our fun, friendly and welcoming culture will allow you to thrive and to reach new levels of success. Are you ready to take the first step on the path to realizing your dreams? Visit jobs.amfam.com to learn more.
Connect with us on our Blog: www.amfamcareerblog.wordpress.com, become a fan with us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/amfamcareers, follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/AmfamCareers, or join us as a member of our LinkedIn Group: www.amfam.com/careers/linkedin. We look forward to connecting with you!
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 22 months ago
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...