Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services company with more than $113.5 billion in owned and managed assets, USAA is on a mission to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 23,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked 100 Best Companies to Work For by Fortune in 2012, we are recognized for the superior service we provide to our members, and the exemplary work environment we provide for our employees. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity . These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking talented Actuary Director - Property and Casualty Pricing/Reserving for our San Antonio, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Plans, organizes, directs, and staffs actuarial activities required to analyze and achieve target pricing levels. Develops new products or rating structures, actuarial information and application requirements while balancing market and financial goals.
- Oversees the development of product line pricing assumptions and price structure while ensuring price level objectives are met. Directs the development of new products and implementation of process improvements. Provides short and long-term planning recommendations for unit objectives by developing and analyzing forecasts.
- Manages and is accountable for the work of assigned employees. Performs personnel management functions, including employee selection, team building, project/workload assignment, employee training, monitoring of work activity and performance evaluation.
- Ensures that product prices and designs are congruent with the company's product strategy and goals. Facilitates the development and implementation of products and projects.
- Monitors competitive market, industry trends, and professional research to maintain knowledge of current activities related to products, regulations, market conditions, and innovative alternatives to achieve financial and market goals.
- Represents USAA’s interest at industry level committee meetings.
- Four (4) years relevant personal lines including property and/or auto actuarial procedures and techniques experience.
- Five (5) exams of the Casualty Actuarial Society.
- Bachelor's degree or 6 years of actuarial equivalent work experience.
***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
- Extensive experience in personal lines including property and auto actuarial procedures and techniques.
- Project management experience, organizational skills, and ability to think innovatively.
- Experience preparing and/or conducting briefings and interfacing at all levels of management.
- 2 years experience managing entry to medium experience level actuaries.
- Demonstrated negotiation, leadership, and problem solving skills.
- Fellow or near Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
USAA - 15 months ago
FOR OUR VETERANS:
Did you know USAA has numerous career opportunities that don’t require corporate experience? If you’re...