FTI is hiring a Sales / Business Development Director for its Technology Segment, which focuses on electronic discovery and document review. Electronic discovery is the management of electronic data as evidence in legal proceedings and document review is the review of that data for content. This opportunity is specific to selling our integrated document review services, Acuity.
The Sales / Business Development Director will be tasked with identifying, pursuing and closing sales for all FTI’s product offering, Acuity and its related technology services. The individual should have experience in consultative sales of managed review combined with e-discovery solutions to both law firms as well as corporations.
The Sales/ Business Development Director will receive a sales target for a defined region or territory and will be expected to meet or exceed quarterly and yearly revenue projections. As the owner of the business plan for their region FTI will be looking for the individual to grow the business in the region and will promote and give expanding responsibility to the individual based on that growth. This individual will be seen as the Acuity sales expert in their region, with direct responsibility to close Acuity business as well as providing assistance to other business developers in defining and closing Acuity business.
- Communicate the significant value proposition of the company’s Acuity services portfolio. Instill confidence among clients with your personal credibility and experience and the company’s footprint in the e-discovery space.
- Discuss the benefits of Acuity and present the review workflows combined with our technology for an efficient and high quality review. Comfort discussing workflows, and review approaches with the client.
- Ability to assist clients in moving from the current review set up to an Acuity model. Understanding of their current approach/ painpoints and proposal of steps towards an Acuity review.
- Ability to put together proposals (SOWs/LOEs) as well as budgets for clients. Ability to explain pricing structure and comparison with other options in the industry.
- Consistently qualify, generate, and execute on opportunities that provide profitable revenue to FTI.
- Consistently build an effective pipeline and execute on each phase of the sales process.
- Incorporate knowledge of our products and services, the customer, and key competitors into the sales process and use that knowledge to uncover customer needs and create value based solutions.
- Work effectively as a team member and also facilitate the sales opportunity by providing leadership and orchestrating the internal and external resources needed to effectively manage the sales process.
- Use two-sided discovery to uncover the key drivers of value for the customer and is skilled in articulating the value of our solutions and is able to clearly differentiate the company's solutions in the marketplace.
- Accurately forecast the business on a consistent basis.
- Leverage the value of our solutions in the negotiation process to drive maximum margin for the company. Establish customer relationships that enable FTI to be viewed as a trusted advisor.
- 5-10 years of success in selling managed review and review solutions in the e-discovery market.
- Must have a JD with previous experience in practicing for a major law firm or corporation providing hands on experience in review management.
- Knowledge of the document review industry and the major players involved.
- Polished executive presence with ability to interact with senior corporate lawyers and business leaders as a “consultative partner,” not a “vendor”.
- Comfortable and fluent with e-discovery document review terminology and e-discovery in general.
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer