Provides acute health care to infants, children and adolescents as a Certified Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with Prescriptive Authority. This includes health surveillance as well as assessment and intervention to diagnose and treat illness or disease whether acute or chronic, physical, psychosocial or behavioral. Collaboration will be sought, as needed, with physicians to ensure delivery of high quality health care. Reports directly to the Medical Director of the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
1. Effective assessment, evaluation and resolution skills.
2. Effective oral and written communication skills.
3. Ability to remain flexible and positive in stressful situations.
4. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
5. Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish).
A. Work Experience:
Two years exposure to the health care industry.
1. National certification in specialty.
2. Current licensure by the Texas State Board of Nursing as a certified pediatric nurse practitioner or certification as a Physician's Assistant.
3. BLS, TNCC, ATLS
4. PALS and/or APLS
C. Education and Training
1. Graduation from an approved and accredited Nursing program or Physicians Assistant program.
2. Successful completion of a Master's level Pediatric Nurse Practitioner program with post master's certificate for Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant schooling.
University Medical Center El Paso - 11 months ago
University Medical Center of El Paso is the primary teaching institution of Texas Tech University's four-year Medical School in El Paso. As...