isocket makes direct ad sales suck less.
isocket builds web apps and the underlying pipes & platforms to make online ad sales easier. 70% of the money in online advertising is still bought and sold by hand, over cocktails, and through email and fax machines. Almost all of the technology and ad companies you've heard of deal with remnant "Class 2" ads - the equivalent of teeth whitening ads you see on the last page of a magazine.
isocket is changing the way premium inventory is bought and sold on a direct basis. Through our partnerships with Google/DFP and other ad servers, we have completely streamlined the process of executing direct sales orders. 1500 premium publishers now use Isocket to help increase their direct sales. And this is why isocket can help buyers source truly premium, Class 1 inventory-- the same inventory that's reserved for the sales team, and ahead of RTB and private exchanges. No other ad tech company can say this.
The job: Entry or Junior Ad Operations. You help make the engine run smoothly.
This is an amazing opportunity for a recent college grad to learn the fast-growing digital advertising space at one of the hottest ad tech startups. isocket is building a massive direct deals marketplace, and we’re looking for a hard-working, enthusiastic individual to help to ensure that engine is humming.
Do you like hats? Good, because you’ll wear many. You’ll help get publishers integrated and live with their first campaigns. You’ll be responsible for providing technical and operational support to clients. You’ll work closely with the sales team on both the buy and sell sides to ensure campaign delivery, performance, and success. You’ll come to understand the display ad ecosystem as well as the nuances of various ad technologies, ad servers, and ad tags.
The isocket DNA is one of solving complex problems, and we’ll look to you to not only be a problem-solver, but a problem-seeker-outer-and-destroyer.
Still not sure if ad ops is right for you? Some of the best ad ops folks come from a range of backgrounds, from english to engineering. The key characteristics are being organized, not letting things fall through the cracks, able to solve problems without all the data you'd like, etc. You should enjoy complex systems rather than being overwhelmed by them.
- You’ve got to be a creative and analytical self-starter that thrives in - and can adapt to - a fast-paced environment.
- You’ll need to have a demonstrated track record of being able to juggle multiple priorities, both independently and as a part of a team.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and superb written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- If you’re passionate about data, numbers, and know a thing or two about using excel, that’s important too.
- Relevant display advertising experience is a plus, although not required.
If this sounds like you, shoot us a note telling us why. Feel free to share your 3 favorite restaurants, your favorite website, the one item you can’t live without (and we’d recommend you don’t say “cell phone”), and an interesting bit of trivia about you.
What we offer you
Working at a growing technology startup is a unique choice, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. It can be very challenging, but comes with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn it. What we bring to the table is just as important as what you bring:
- We know everyone says it, but at isocket you will absolutely make a difference. Our company is a handful of people, and we’ll remain a small but powerful team.
- The room and tools you need to create and succeed.
- The chance to work on truly game-changing products.
- You’re getting in on the ground floor of an already growing project.
- Be a part of the team many consider to already be the best early stage team in the industry.
- You will learn something and grow every day - from deep experience in a growing, VC-backed startup to friends and connections that will last. Learn from some of the best people in the business.
- Competitive or better stock options and benefits, including full health coverage, dental and vision.
This is a full time role based out of our brand-new NYC office - our east coast HQ - primarily focused on sales, marketing, and account management.
isocket - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -