Sr. Software Engineer / ETL Programmer
AT&T Adworks is looking for a senior level software engineer / ETL programmer for its big data analytics and reporting platform. The project has requirements to integrate data from numerous data streams into Adwork’s big data analytics platform and report relational databases. The person in this role would be in-charge of leading the Extract, Transform and Load effort required for each of these data streams and would architect the overall data ingestion and movement strategy for the group. The right candidate would have in-depth expertise and experience with various ETL tools, SQL/PLSQL, UNIX/Linus scripting and programming languages. Hadoop or any other map reduce platform experience is a plus.
This position also supports the services layer of a reporting application. In this capacity the candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing and supporting applications using object oriented development techniques on J2EE development platform. Hands on recent development experience in Java is required. In addition candidate will be required to participate in code reviews and ensure code quality prior to deployment. He/She will also be responsible for proper adherence to J2EE best practices and for reviewing impacts to our current architecture and implementation. Strong knowledge of model driven, event-driven & rules-based development, business rules engine, OO design, Java and J2EE, and Oracle database is required.
· 7+ years of hands on ETL experience preferably in data warehouse environment.
· 7+ years experience designing, developing, and deploying Java based applications and services.
· 5+ years of Oracle and SQL is desired. PLSQL experience is a plus.
· 1-2 years experience in data analytics, algorithms, and large data structures.
· Good unde rstanding XML, SOAP, JSON and Web Services
· Knowledge of design patterns and Object Oriented (OO) design.
· Good knowledge of Agile development process.
· Experience with big data map/reduce platforms like Hadoop is a plus.
· Must have good analysis and communication skills.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and technical training. Master’s Degree preferred, but not
Required Qualifications -
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 3-5 years experience in developing software applications including: analysis, design, coding, testing, deploying and supporting of applications.
- Understand API design/development, Web Services design/development (REST, SOA, etc.)
- Proficient in application/software architecture (Definition, Business Process Modeling, etc.)
- Understand application/software development.
- Proficient in application/software testing (Unit, Integration, System, Case Planning, Design and Execution).
- Understand change Control Methodology.
- Proficient in Development Methodologies (AGILE, ITUP, 3D, etc.)
- Understand Development Tools (Rational Tools, Agile Tools, simulation tools, etc.)
- Proficient in internet technologies/programming (WSDLS, HTML, DHTML, XHML, XML, .NET, Active X, SSL, HTTP, Weblogic, Websphere, etc.).
- Understand operating systems (Linux, Unix, Windows).
Desired Qualifications -
- Understanding of project management process
- Ability to work with technical and business-oriented teams
AT&T - 14 months ago
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great things. If...