The Adecco Branch Manager plans, directs and controls all phases of successful operation within the branch(s). Assists with the preparation and achievement of annual business plan(s). Develops staff members so that each member of the staff is fully trained and utilized to the optimum level. Performs sales and customer service activities with assigned clients to increase EVA. Develops and maintains high-level name awareness through the use of advertising and public relations.
REPORTS TO: Area Director, Area Vice President, or Regional Vice President
- Manages the process of recruiting and hiring branch sales and service staff. Coaches staff in sales and customer service techniques. Provides development and career opportunity for branch staff.
- Identifies, pursues and develops new accounts through awareness of local market(s), competitor activities and community growth plans. Establishes rapport and continually develops current accounts with key clients. May assist Account Executives with newly developed clients.
- Schedules and conducts regular staff meetings. Audits and monitors the activities of the staff to ensure the branch(s) are providing optimum service levels. Conducts performance evaluations and prepares developmental plans for branch staff in a timely manner.
- Monitors the branch’s workers’ compensation and unemployment claims to minimize the Branch’s exposure and resulting expenses. Ensures that all federal, state, local notices and licenses are current and posted.
- Develops and implements branch revenue and expense forecasts. Establishes a budget and assists with the development of short and long range growth plans for the branch(s).
- Identifies opportunities for further growth of existing accounts.
- Utilizes corporate sponsored direct mail, advertising and promotional activities to increase knowledge of Adecco in the local market. Identifies and develops local opportunities for increased exposure, (such as, clubs and job fairs). Negotiates contracts with local advertising sources.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of economic trends and changes affecting local businesses. Maintains records of competitors in the area that display their respective shares of the market, locations, services and benefits offered.
- Sets and monitors pay and bill rates based on skill categories. Ensures proper credit references are obtained and client credit limits are established according to guidelines. Performs collection of all outstanding accounts receivable.
- Able to set own priorities, schedule days events, make cold calls, prepare and give formal presentations.
- Must have working knowledge of labor and employment laws.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines. Able to handle multiple problems simultaneously.
- Must be able to travel extensively within territory with occasional travel in the region and division.
- Must have excellent problem solving, organizational, interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Able to continuously improve processes and procedures.
- Maintains the ability to perform any function and act as first line backup if needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or six (6) years of full-time work experience.
- Minimum two (2) years direct sales experience with a proven track record measured by increased responsibilities. Sales experience within a personnel service organization preferable.
- Minimum one (1) year of supervisory / management experience of an administrative, clerical or service oriented staff.
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly in writing and orally, both in one-on-one and in group presentation situations.
- Able to interact and communicate with all levels of staff and management.
Adecco - 8 months ago
At Adecco, we work for you.
Adecco is the world’s largest provider of staffing solutions. But it’s not our size that makes...