Westwood College in Atlanta, GA is looking for Adjunct
Faculty for Land Surveying.
Must have a Master's degree and 4 years experience in
The role of the Adjunct Faculty is to effectively
communicate with the students and help them achieve
their educational goals. The instructor maximizes
retention of students toward the completion of their
programs and provides students by fostering a proper
educational environment so that the students may derive
the maximum benefits from the program for which they are
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Teach all assigned classes and hours as determined
with class assignments.
2. Plan for instructional activities to include, but not
limited to, lecture, class discussion, demonstration
labs, and projects. Course outlines and syllabi should
be given to students at the beginning of each course
setting objectives determining multiple teaching
strategies and student activities and evaluation of
3. Organize concepts to be taught in a logical and
understandable sequence covering all objectives as
outlined in the course syllabus and lesson guides.
4. Handle classroom routines which includes but not
limited to the following:
a. Start and end class on time
b. Provide a classroom environment conducive to learning
c. Administer rules consistently and fairly
d. Establishing and maintaining classroom control
e. Return tests, labs and homework in a timely manner
5. Use appropriate assessment tools shall be used that
includes but are not limited to the following:
a. Select, develop and use informal and formal
techniques or instruments to measure student learning,
modifying teaching strategies if needed.
b. Submit and maintain accurate records of attendance,
grades and Student Action Reports.
c. Submit all paperwork in a timely manner.
6. Identify and assess students who are in need of
additional instruction to successfully complete the
course objectives and provide additional instruction to
those students outside of class hours, as needed.
7. Maintain expertise and technical competence in
applicable field of study. If credentialed or certified,
maintain all certifications and satisfy all requirements
of the professional development plan.
8. Attend all meetings, ceremonies and official
functions as specified by the program director or the
Campus Academic Dean.
9. Adhere to published company guidelines in all matters
concerning dress code.
10. Performs any other duties, as assigned.
At the time of hiring Westwood College faculty and
education department managers are required to hold a
completed graduate degree from a U.S. regionally or
nationally accredited university. In addition, state
licensing and national accrediting criteria apply.
Faculty with international credentials are required to
present an official U.S. degree evaluation by AACRAO or
NACES recognized evaluation agency.
1. Appropriate technical certification (if required)
2. Appropriate professional experience
3. Teaching experience preferred
4. Working knowledge of spreadsheets, databases, and
word processing software.
5. Strong oral and written communication skills
6. Strong attention to detail
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our Company is committed to serving a diverse
multicultural body of students in an atmosphere that
promotes pride, respect and teamwork. To our campuses
and campus communities, we commit to recruit an
experienced and qualified faculty and staff who are
reflective of the infinitely varied human talent
available. All employment decisions are made without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status, marital or family
status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Req. Code : 7690
Westwood College - 2 years ago