Walla Walla Community College is seeking applicants to create a pool of adjunct instructors to teach Associate of Arts classes in the Corrections Education program at Coyote Ridge Corrections Center (CRCC) in Connell, WA. Instructors are needed in the following academic areas: Math, English Composition, Speech, Philosophy, LIterature, Music, Humanities, History, Art, Sociology, Psychology, Business, Economics, Science, Anthropology and Spanish, Women's Studies Political Science.
Faculty members are professional educators with the primary responsibility of providing a quality education for all WWCC students. The relationship of the faculty member to the student is one of teacher, mentor, and facilitator of learning. This position reports to the Education Director of Corrections Education at CRCC and will be responsible for teaching classes to offenders housed at CRCC. Successful candidates will teach assigned classes, prepare teaching materials, assign grades, maintain records, and consult with students as required by the instructional division.
Competencies & Requirements:
A master’s degree in academic subject area or related field required.
- Ability to effectively combine an array of methods to enhance understanding, including demonstrations, lectures, group discussions and activities, individual activities, etc. Understand which teaching methods best serve the student’s needs, interests, and ability to learn.
- Ability to develop accurate standards to measure learning or administer testing or other evaluations to determine effectiveness and ensure a high level of comprehension has been achieved.
- Ability to build constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation and mutual respect.
- Ability to interact with those in custody and/or the public according to expected guidelines; treat people with dignity and respect.
- Ability to recognize the value of cultural, ethnic, gender and other individual differences in people.
Conditions/Terms of Employment:
This pool is for temporary, part-time instruction assignments. Persons hired must be able to provide acceptable documentation of lawful authorization to work in the United States within three (3) days of employment and provide transcripts. All Walla Walla Community College staff members employed at one of the Correction Education facilities must be cleared by an FBI background check before being hired into such positions.
Compensation for adjunct instruction is paid in accordance with the contract between the WWCC Board of Trustees and the WWCC Association for Higher Education. This compensation is based on the number of hours a class is scheduled to meet and covers all activities necessary to successfully offer this class, including but not limited to preparation time, teaching time, exam time, grading, etc.
Walla Walla Community College - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard