Walla Walla Community College accepts applications to create a pool of adjunct instructors to teach daytime and evening classes.
The relationship of the faculty member to the student is one of teacher, mentor, and facilitator of learning. Instructors are responsible to teach assigned classes, prepare teaching materials, assign grades, maintain records, and consult with students as required by the instructional division.
Competencies & Requirements:
Academic area classes require a master’s degree in the specific discipline.
- Ability to effectively combine an array of methods to enhance understanding, including demonstrations, lectures, group discussions and activities, individual activities, etc. Understand which teaching methods best serve the student’s needs, interests, and ability to learn.
- Ability to develop accurate standards to measure learning or administer testing or other evaluations to determine effectiveness and ensure a high level of comprehension has been achieved.
- Ability to recognize the value of cultural, ethnic, gender and other individual differences in people.
Conditions/Terms of Employment:
TERMS/CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Adjunct instructors teach part-time and continued employment may be based on enrollment. Persons hired must be able to provide acceptable documentation of lawful authorization to work in the United States within three (3) days of employment and provide transcripts. Candidate may be subject to a criminal history background check as a condition for consideration of employment.
Required Application Materials:
To qualify for consideration, applicants must meet required competencies and submit a complete application packet, which includes the following:
NOTE: All of the above are required to ensure your consideration for this position. The items marked with an asterisk are required to be attached to your on line application prior to submission.
- Online application.
- Cover letter detailing how you meet the qualifications and competencies for this position*
- Comprehensive resume
- List names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references
- College transcript(s) - unofficial/copies of transcripts are acceptable for initial application
Walla Walla Community College - 21 months ago