This position is responsible for teaching Spech. The qualified Instructor will teach SPCH275 which includes a variety of tasks such as: developing new strategies to teach the course, preparing handouts, exams and assignments and maintaining positive classroom relationships with students
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops strategies to teach the course content for the entire term including instructional objectives, assignments, textbooks, weight of grades and delivery methods.
- Develops and provides to students an approved DeVry University syllabus that follows a template established by the local campus, which includes terminal course objectives.
- Organizes, prepares and regularly revises/updates all course materials.
- Uses appropriate technological options for online technologies and appropriate course related software, including websites, e-mail and online discussions for preparing the course and making it accessible to students.
- Models exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Organizes and sequences topics in a logical progression and paces the delivery to meet the needs of the class.
- Utilizes educational technology (such as PowerPoint, remote access to syllabi and grades, classroom projection systems, online courses or course components with interactive capabilities) to enhance learning.
- Establishes positive classroom relationships with students by being actively engaged in the classroom and lab. Provides opportunities for in-class discussions and questions and displays enthusiasm about the students, the subject matter, and the learning process.
- Incorporates higher-level learning (i.e. application, analysis, synthesis and evaluation) by giving students opportunities to develop information literacy and problem-solving skills, and by connecting their current study to lab assignments and previous/future study in the related disciplines.
- Sets clear expectations for the course by publishing assignment/exam dates and the weight distribution of various evaluation categories.
- Ensures that the content and level of material included on exams has been adequately covered in class.
- Designs assignments and tests to conform to the objectives of the Curriculum Guide.
- Strives for consistency and fairness in preparation and grading of exams and provides timely feedback to students.
- Treats all DeVry employees and students with respect and fairness, impartial to race, sex, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation or ethnic origin.
- Treats students’ academic needs seriously by being accessible for academic consultation before or after class, via phone or e-mail.
- Creates an interactive classroom environment.
- Creates an atmosphere of mutual respect in the classroom by avoiding inappropriate comments or jokes that refer to any individual, social group, the university, company, or competitor.
- Adheres to University policies regarding disciplinary problems, including plagiarism or cheating.
- Abides by Company and University policies.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
PhD is Required for this position
Minimum of 2 years teaching at the post-secondary level is preferred.
Business or industry experience is required for most programs.
Must have required subject matter expertise and outstanding communication skills.
Must have excellent motivational and instructional skills in a diverse and non-traditional environment.
Must be able to facilitate diverse groups.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
DeVry, Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
It isn't exactly Ivy League, but DeVry is in the big leagues of technical, health care, and business schools. The for-profit...