About TSTC :
TSTC is the only state-supported technical college system in Texas. TSTC’s statewide role and mission is to efficiently and effectively help Texas meet the high-tech challenges of today’s global economy, in partnership with business and industry, government agencies, and other educational institutions. If this is a mission you could support and help TSTC achieve, please complete our application process.
Position Overview :
The Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) Adjunct Instructor is responsible for providing quality instruction to students by ensuring student satisfaction through the classroom or laboratory setting according to program objectives. The successful candidate should have the ability to effectively teach classes in all areas related to CAD to include, but not limited to: use of 3D modeling software, technical illustration, engineering sketching, and creation of prints for use in parts fabrication.
Essential Functions :
- Teach material from approved curriculum and develop daily lesson plans to include instructional aides.
- Maintain program equipment and laboratory area
- Participate in school retention initiatives by providing regular, accurate, and timely feedback to students and the school concerning academics, behavior, attendance, etc.
- Incorporate field experience and technical knowledge into learner-centered presentations that emphasizes interactive, hands on practice.
- Advise students on academic, career, and personal issues; thus promoting student growth.
- Responsible for creating practices to help self-motivate students in all aspects of the education process.
- Maintain expertise in subject area and recommend improvements in curriculum design.
- Works with Advisory Committee as assigned to promote program growth and job placement.
- AAS degree in related area from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of three (3) years of recent, relevant occupational experience in CAD.
- Ability to utilize different methods and mediums in delivering course material.
- Strong computer skills including AutoCAD, Solid Modeling, and Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of print reading, technical math, machine setup, troubleshooting, inspection, etc.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, influencing, and presentation skills.
- Proven track record of project completions, multi-tasking, and the ability to handle a high pressure environment with significant time line pressures.
- Must demonstrate ability to be a team player contributing to a positive work experience working with a broad spectrum of customers, both internally and externally.
Hourly Rate: $19
Security Sensitive Position
Texas State Technical College - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard -