An Adjunct Instructor conducts activities which directly support instruction, the objectives of the program, and the instructional goals of the institute. An Instructor reports to the program chairperson or their designee. An Instructor presents prepared materials, supervises lab activities, maintains order, records student progress, and assures the presence of adequate working equipment to conduct the labs in an effective manner.
Such typical duties and responsibilities that the Instructor is charged with, but not limited to, are as follows:
- Teach college-level math courses as needed (algebra, plane trigonometry, contemporary math, elementary statistical methods)
- Flexibility with schedule as courses may be taught on/off campus, at night, and weekends
- Organize and present prepared instructional materials at scheduled times and places
- Maintain communications with students and colleagues to assure efficient and effective instruction
- Preserve records of student attendance, student progress, and departmental equipment
- Participate in normal program housekeeping activities such as administering tests and grading
- Prepare daily instructional plans and instructional materials, such as creating a syllabi, at the modular level as directed by the program chairperson
Minimum Requirements & Education:
Please submit a completed employment application, along with a cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV) or resume, and transcript copies.
- Meet faculty credentialing requirements in accordance with Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS): Master’s degree in mathematics, math education, or closely related discipline or 18 earned graduate credit hours in mathematics.
- Teaching experience in mathematics in public schools at the middle or high school level or possession of special certifications or licenses in mathematics is a PLUS.
- Will need extensive knowledge of computer software including mathematical software.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License and be insurable under TSTC's liability policy in order to travel to off campus locations as needed for occasional instruction or to attend conferences.
Hourly Salary: $ 31.82
This is a grant funded position.
Texas State Technical College - 12 months ago