About TSTC :
TSTC is the only state-supported technical college system in Texas. TSTC’s statewide role and mission is to efficiently and effectively help Texas meet the high-tech challenges of today’s global economy, in partnership with business and industry, government agencies, and other educational institutions. If this is a mission you could support and help TSTC achieve, please complete our application process.
Position Overview :
TSTC Abilene Campus is currently seeking a highly skilled Adjunct Nursing Instructor. If you enjoy teaching and helping students reach their true potential, we encourage you to apply.
Responsibilities of LVN- AND Adjunct Nursing Instructor:
- Be accountable to the controlling agency/governing institution (TSTC).
- Be accountable to the Texas Board of Nursing (BON):
- Maintain a working knowledge of the BON Rules, Regulations, and Nurse Practice Act (NPA).
- Assist with gathering of data for required reports by deadlines.
- Assist with the provision of program documentation as requested.
- Assure compliance of rules and requirements.
- Be accountable to and assist with educational responsibilities of the LVN-ADN Program.
- Develop and maintain an environment conducive to the teaching/learning process utilizing classroom, online resources, and clinical resources.
- Assist with the development of curriculum and syllabi for assigned courses as requested.
- Assist with or oversee:
- Material preparation and presentation utilizing numerous teaching/learning styles and technology.
- Lab/clinical activities and skills validation if assigned.
- Student progress, attendance, performance, and evaluations to measure progressions of students’ cognitive, affective and psychomotor achievement in course/clinical objectives/outcomes.
- Assist with test and blueprint development, blueprint development, administration, analysis and review if assigned.
- Assist with student retention, evaluation, remediation and resource referral.
- Develop rapport with affiliate agencies and clinical sites as assigned.
- Participate in nursing program and community committees as assigned.
- Must hold a current license to practice nursing in the State of Texas as a Registered Nurse.
- Must hold a Master’s Degree.
- Actively employed in nursing for past three years or preparation in nursing education.
- Minimum three years varied nursing experience preferably in medical surgical or acute care nursing or area of expertise and assignment.
- Ability to evaluate student performance effectively in classroom and clinical setting.
Hourly Salary : $32.00
Texas State Technical College - 18 months ago