Houston Baptist University seeks Adjunct Professors to join the Department of Law & Society with the ability to teach survey American Government classes and upper-division classes in American institutions such as Congress and the Presidency.
- Utilize a course syllabus for each course and follow established departmental and institutional guidelines.
- Provide timely, quality access to students via personal consultation, electronic communication, and other appropriate methods.
- Evaluate students by established means to measure their progress in achieving course objectives and to inform them in a timely manner of their progress.
- Maintain professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community.
- Submit paperwork and forms in a timely fashion.
- Report to the Department Chair
Applicants should have an MA or PhD in Government or Political Science. Successful candidates will be able to teach survey courses in American Government and upper-division classes in a manner consistent with the University’s Christian mission and values. Candidates with teaching experience and demonstrated success in the classroom are encouraged to apply. Department chair will evaluate adjunct faculty during the semester and upon completion of course.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. Adjunct needs change from semester to semester. Qualified applicants may be contacted in the future as needs arise.
Houston Baptist University - 21 months ago