Lost time adjuster handling Workers' Compensation claim files for claims service business operations/TPA.
Stable, long-term company seeking an experienced, licensed Florida Workers Compensation adjuster to handle large insurance company client.
Administer Workers Comp claims pursuant to Company and State regulations to ensure claims are managed and settled in a timely and effective manner, including investigation, determination of compensability and the setting of proper reserves.
Requires independent decision making and a high level of discretion and judgment in regards to the claim handling function.
Salary Range: Competitive
- At least 5 years handling all aspects of workers compensation claims including litigated claims, with a consistent high level of performance and achievement.
- Must be able to effectively handle mediations, claim reviews, status meetings with clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication/customer service skills.
- Proficient abilities to effectively operate a personal computer and related claims and business software, including EDI.
- Strong organizational skills; effectively utilize diary system and document all activities.
- Ability to work effectively in fast paced environment, use own initiative, effectively multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude, self-motivated professional
- Must have good judgment and handle confidential matters with integrity.
- Extensive knowledge of accepted industry standards and practices, along with ability to follow company and client policy and procedure.
- Ability to successfully negotiate settlements/close files, and handle EDI effectively.
- Willing to travel for mediations, as necessary.
5-20 or 5-24 Florida state license required.
- Consistent good attendance required.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) very helpful.
- Office position 8am-5pm; occasional additional hours may be required to accomplish goals of the job.
- Non smoking company.
- Location: I-4/Kirkman Rd
- Excellent work environment.
- Top notch benefits including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life, employee stock purchase plan, 401-k; all eligible 1st of month after 30 days
Relocation Expenses: Not Covered
Please include salary requirements when responding to this posting.
Brown & Brown - 4 months ago
It doesn't take a great detective to determine that Altegrity is a leader in security services. The holding company owns Kroll, Kroll...