Title: Admin Assistant/Office Manager – WE OFFER BENEFITS
Location: Synergy HomeCare of San Mateo
Synergy HomeCare of San Mateo is looking for an exceptional administrative assistant/office manager to be part of the support staff that manages our team of caring and compassionate caregivers. Synergy HomeCare, a proud member of the AARP National Employment Team, serves people of all ages, and provides its clients with top notch companionship, homemaking and personal care services. The Synergy HomeCare San Mateo office serves the communities of Millbrae, Burlingame, Hillsborough, San Mateo, Foster City, Belmont, and San Carlos.
· A team environment that cares about you!
· Benefits (retirement, medical, dental, vision)
· Competitive wages
· Comprehensive training and support
· An opportunity for you to make an incredible difference in someone's life
There are two job requirements that are critical for this position. Candidates who are unable to meet these two requirements will not be considered.
1. Candidate must be willing to be on call every third weekend, in rotation with others in the office. This means from Friday evening until Monday morning you would be available to take calls and fill assignments.
2. Candidate must have prior caregiver experience OR be willing to be trained as a caregiver. On occasion, you may be sent to a client site to fill in for emergency assignments or last-minute cancellations, although it does not happen often.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Answers company phones, checks messages, and returns phone calls promptly. Rapid phone response time essential.
· Has excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
· Is Tech Savvy to assist staff with troubleshooting and internet research.
· Becomes proficient in the systems we use (email/calendaring, scheduling, telephony, ADP)
· Puts together application packets, orientation packets, Client Start of Service packets
· Picks up/drops off mail
· Sorts and files mail and faxes
· Ensures that all equipment is working properly
· Creates supply order lists
· Reserves conference rooms and gets supplies for meetings
· Keeps important telephone numbers on hand
· Keeps the office neat and organized
· Assists with scheduling as needed (assisting staffing manager)
· Takes inquiry calls if no one else is available to take them (will be trained by executive director)
· Performs other duties as assigned
Billing and Insurance
· Works with LTC insurance company to submit invoices/timesheets and troubleshoot any issues. Assist clients with any issues dealing with their LTC insurance company.
· Submits VA billing, interacts with VA on troubleshooting
· Assists with insurance claims
· Coordinates with insurance sign-up, notifications, and renewals
· Distributes insurance-related paperwork
· Assembles invoices
· Assembles paycheck envelopes, distributes payroll
· Verifies timecards for accuracy, authorized signature, and completeness on hard copy on a daily basis
· Enters any missing mileage into scheduling system
· Files timecards alphabetically and sorts by caregiver name
· Gives checks to receptionist for distribution or mailing
· Makes pre-screen calls to potential caregivers and sets up interviews
· Tracks applicant status
· Makes applications available to incoming caregivers
· Interviews caregivers and invites them to orientation
· Checks references
· Organizes orientation
· Assists with orientation
· New employee reporting to EDD
· Creates name badges for caregivers, updates pictures in scheduling system
· Proactively finds more ways to recruit
· Participates in job fairs with staffing manager and other staff members
· Inputs new caregiver information in the scheduling system
· Creates and maintains caregiver folders
· Audits caregiver records
· Tracks certification for expirations, notifies caregivers of expired certifications
· Tracks number of interviews, orientations, new hires, employees not working and terminated employees
· Documents all interactions with caregivers
· Creates, audits, and maintains client folders
· Documents all interactions with clients
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR THE SYNERGY HOMECARE SAN MATEO OFFICE TEAM?
The ideal candidate would be comfortable in an open, team environment and possess a good sense of humor and the ability to change gears quickly. The day-to-day tasks can vary widely and excellent organization will be critical to your success. Although we have many caregivers working for us, the office staff size is small and by necessity we are a very close knit group. Our office staff is warm and welcoming yet very hardworking and focused. Everyone who works in our office is professional, friendly, and caring, a reflection of the company’s core values.
Synergy Home Care
- 2 years ago - save job