Administrative/Resources Sharing/Circulation Assistant
The Human Resources Department announces the position of Administrative/Resource
Sharing/Circulation Assistant reporting to the Dean or Director of the
University Library/Access Services Librarian.
telephones and responds to general Library inquiries; prepares and processes
routine correspondence and maintains related files; processes and maintains
documentation associated with expenditures through University purchase cards,
purchase orders and equipment service contracts; counts, wraps and deposits
money from the microform machines and the Library's change machine as well as
Library fines and item replacement charges; utilizing Excel, tracks the
employment of student assistant hours and associated budget expenditures, tracks
the recording of departmental monthly statistics, tracks budget expenditures and
generates reports; assembles the Library's Annual Report; orders and maintains
supplies; sorts and distributes mail; works at the Circulation Desk on an
as-needed basis and performs service functions associated with that location; in
the absence of the Access Services Assistant, opens the Library at the beginning
of the workday (typically 7:15 AM); processes books, journal articles and other
materials requested and received through the EZ-Borrow and OCLC systems;
performs initial searches of appropriate sources and databases (ROBCAT,
LinkSource, Google); creates and submits OCLC interlibrary loan and article
requests when materials cannot be obtained through other channels; locates and
scans materials owned by the RMU Library; and performs other duties as assigned .
- High School Diploma required; Associate's degree preferred.
- Three years of office experience preferred; preferably in a higher education
- Proficient knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office
packages including Word and Excel.
- Ability and willingness to learn library circulation and resource sharing
systems as well as new software and technologies.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Superior professional demeanor and customer service orientation.
- Ability to perform basic research and comfortable utilizing sources and
databases for responding to inquiries.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with co-workers.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
Internal Application Deadline:
March 28, 2013
External Application Deadline:
Until Position Is Filled
As Soon As Possible
Robert Morris University - 23 months ago